Survey administration screen is the survey home page. It
displays important survey details and give you access to the main
Survey status. The
traffic light icon on the right of the screen indicates the survey
status. If the survey is open for responses, the icon light is
green. If the survey is not accessible, the light is red.
A survey can be closed for the following reasons:
- Closed by date (current date is before start date or after stop
- Locked by an administrator user (usually yourself). If the
survey is locked, the survey designer has edited the survey in some
way. The survey cannot be open if it is being edited. To make the
survey available immediately, click on the “unlock survey” link
under the status icon. You can only unlock the survey that has been
locked by you. If another survey designer has locked the survey you
will have to wait until he/she is done.
- Error in survey. If the system has detected an error in the
survey, it will notify the survey designer by adding an error
message at the top of the survey administration screen and changing
survey status to Error. Respondents cannot answer the survey with
errors because this might result in data inconsistency.
- Number of allowed responses for the survey has been exceeded.
section called “Survey behavior”.
Besides the survey status, you can also see the important survey
details on the administration screen:
Survey link. Link for
respondents to answer the survey.
Start date. The date when
survey becomes available to respondents. Click on the link to edit
Stop date. The date when
survey becomes closed for respondents. Click on the link to edit
Number of responses.
Displays number of survey responses:
- Stored responses - responses currently stored in the database.
Includes both complete and incomplete responses. Incomplete
respondents include respondents who abandoned the survey and
respondents who saved the survey for later completion.
- Ongoing responses - number of respondents currently responding
to the survey.
- Completed responses - number of respondents who have completed
the survey and stored in the database.
- Number of questions - number of questions the survey
- Number of translations - number of languages the survey is
translated to. Does not include the default language. See the section called
- Maximum number of responses - number of respondents that can
answer the survey. When this number is reached, the survey will be
closed and no more respondents will answer the survey. See the section called
- Survey authentication - currently used authentication method
for the survey. See the section called “Security and
- Allow multiple submissions - method used to prevent respondents
from multiple survey submissions, if any. See the section called
- Anonymity of respondents in invitations - currently used level
of anonymity for invitations. See the section called “Security and
privacy” and invitations